Anyone who lives with a police officer knows that there are a lot of things you learn to do differently to help cope with some of the day to day hardships that may come your way. Everybody has tricks up their sleeves that make everyday chores a little bit easier. But, when your everyday looks a bit different than other’s, you find what works for you. Just like we have a “police drawer” in our kitchen, rather than a “junk drawer” (okay, we may have both but you get the point) or how there are extra laundry baskets designated just for police uniforms and all of the germs that come with them (I’m almost tempted to wear gloves when handling those things)… I’m sure you have what works best for you and your LEO!
When I first got my hands on these essential oils, I quickly realized they’d easily help my boyfriend as well. I eagerly got to researching and putting together blends just for him in rollers he can take with him on the go. But, not only can he use these oils at work, they are great to use in the house to get the “yuck” that may have came off the street and into your home, and they help me wind down and relax when the stress of his work begins to weigh heavy on my shoulders and heart. Below, you’ll find a list of how we use some of my favorites:
For Sleep, Relaxation, and Tension Relief:
- Lavender: promotes relaxation and calmness. We use this in a hot bath with some epsom salts before bed (Shaun told me it was the most relaxed he’d ever been when I drew up the bath this way for him) or diffuse it in the bedroom. It’s also great rubbed along the spine or on the bottoms of the feet.
- Cedar wood: this one is absolutely life changing for sleep! It is known to create melatonin in the brain and can knock you out in minutes… giving you solid, awesome night’s sleep. Some say it can cause more vivid dreams but that usually will only happen if you are more stressed or emotional than normal. This helps me so much when I am sitting up late at night unable to sleep when Shaun’s on shift. Or, if he desperately needs a good night’s sleep, it’s amazing for that as well!
- Northern Lights Black Spruce: I love diffusing this at night along with the above. It smells woodsy and so relaxing. It is known to ground one’s emotions and release emotional blocks.
- Pine: Another woodsy smelling oil, pine is so relaxing to me. First of all, it smells like a Christmas tree so that instantly will put anyone in a good mood, right? ha! But, when diffused it is known to help soothe mental stress and relieve anxiety. It can also freshen any room and revitalize the body.
- Bergamot: My all time favorite smelling oil is bergamot. When diffused it is known to aid in relieving stress, tension, sadness, and anxiety. While I love it for bedtime, it is also amazing mixed with more uplifting oils like lemon to create a morning time blend as well.
- Stress Away: The name says it all! This oil is awesome to smell right out of the bottle even. I use it on the way home for work and diffuse it if Shaun is off of work, to lighten up the mood a bit.
For Alertness and Energy:
- Peppermint: this invigorating oil brings you alertness almost instantly when inhaled or rubbed on the skin. It’s cooling sensation wakes up your senses. I love rubbing it between my palms and inhaling, or giving shaun a back rub with it to wake up his tired muscles while the scent wakes up his mind.
- Basil: When diffused or inhaled, basil is known to help open the mind and increase the clarity of one’s thoughts… something extremely vital to a police officer!
- Citrus Fresh: This oil just smells happy. It is bright and uplifting. It is a blend of orange, tangerine, mandarin, grapefruit, lemon, and spearmint. It is great for emotional balance and bringing happiness to people!
- Lemon: Another citrus great for uplifting the spirit. This oil is known to be great for anxiety, blood pressure, improving clarity of thought, energy, memory improvement, promoting a sense of well being, reducing stress, and SO much more!
For Smells and Uniform Cleaning:
- Purification: this oil is a game changer when it comes to smells! Diffuse it in your home if a dirty uniform is stinking up your home, drop some on a cotton ball to stick into smelly boots, or use some on a wool dryer ball to freshen up the laundry. It will knock those smells out!
As of right now, that is all my arsenal consists of but I have so many more oils I want to try out for different things! There are plenty on my list that can help with mood swings, happiness, and confidence, as well as for relationship support and love, etc. I am SURE this list will continue growing so be sure to check back often!
If you are curious about these oils or have any questions, leave them below or let me know via the instant chat box in the bottom right hand corner. I would be more than happy to help you out!!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out this post before making any oil purchases! It’s such important info and I am so glad to have the opportunity to educate people on the topic. Learn from my mistakes!
I want you to experience these oils and what they can do for both you and your beloved officer first hand SO, I am giving away two rollers to two lucky winners! All you need to do to enter is comment below & share this post with anyone you think it can be useful for. The roller type is up to you… choose between a relaxation roller, sleep roller, tension relief roller, or alertness/ energy roller. The winner will be announced on Friday (April 20th). Winner must be a US resident 18+. Good luck!!