This year has been full of ups and downs—lessons learnt and trials overcome. But it’s been a year of growth none-the-less.
2020 was Poised Avenue’s first year in business. And while Poised Avenue Design Studio doesn’t technically have a birthday… we’ll call it January 10th, 2020. That’s the day I launched this website back in 2016 as a blog. Although, I didn’t really start design work until around mid-way through this year. Either way, let’s take a look at Poised Avenue’s year in review below.
2020 BY THE NUMBERS
37 Emails Sent
Making the switch to Flodesk this year has been such a game changer for my email newsletter and I can’t wait to make my way to your inbox in the new year!
58 Total Instagram Posts
About one post a week—I hope to increase this number in the new year.
388 Instagram Followers
I’m not sure how many we started with at the beginning of 2020, but it was close to 0 (obviously). I forget when I launched the Poised Avenue IG account, it may have been late in 2019. I can’t wait to grow my community in the new year.
123 Branded for Business Facebook Group members
If you haven’t joined us, search for “Branded for Business” on Facebook! I love my community of female entrepreneurs.
77 Facebook page likes
I love sharing projects and updates on Facebook
20+ Total Client Projects
And I loved them all!
4 New Products
The Ideal Client Workbook
The customizable and ready-to-print Quarter Analysis Workbook
The Income Tracking Spreadsheet Download
Leather Tassel and Hand-stamped Keychains
MONEY WELL SPENT
Branding with Bre
Again, I don’t remember exactly when I purchased Bre’s course. It was either late 2019 or very early 2020. But, I learned so much from her process!
ClickUp for Designers by Giselle Fields
I can’t wait to dive into this course come tomorrow (Dec 29th)!
Migrated from Dubsado to Honeyebook
I didn’t spend a lot of time on Dubsado before I made the switch to Honeybook for its amazing user face and features!
Raised my prices
To value my work for what it’s worth and to have others do the same is an incredible feeling. I hope to raise my prices again as my own education and value increase, as well as demand in the new year.
WINS, HIGHLIGHTS & PROUD MOMENTS
- Hitting my first $3,000 month at the start of Q4!
- Being hired onto the Hello June Creative Co. and Sarah Olivia Marketing teams
- Being featured / published in Entrepreneur Media (!!)
- Working on my first big print job alongside Jen and learning / getting to sit in on the print meetings
- Doing my first branded photoshoot with my sister (and hoping to invest in another in 2021!)
- Struggling with confidence on sales calls (something I have gotten SO much better at—planning to share what’s helped me in a blog post soon!)
- Moving back home with my parents and finding my identity after a long time of struggling with no / little self-confidence
- Balancing boundaries in life and business
- Deciding at what point I would feel comfortable making the switch from side-hustle to full-time and deciding to take Poised Avenue part-time officially just this month
- Navigating life during a pandemic lol
Word of the Year
I think every entrepreneur is brave. You kind of have to be as a business owner. But, in 2021 I want to remember every day to be brave in all of my decisions, big or small. I think when a decision is made with bravery and confidence, it never fails. It may lead to a lesson learnt, but it’s never a complete fail.
As Poised Avenue grows and I plan to take it full-time, as Grant and I grow even closer in our relationship and make plans to start our life together, and as I overcome all of the other hurdles 2021 will bring my way… I plan to be unquestionably brave in all of my decisions.
RITUALS TO BRING INTO THE NEW YEAR
- Read more, both personal and business books. I started 2020 reading a ton, and even started a virtual book club or (now) nearly 400 members! It was something I enjoyed so much and miss doing.
- Waking up earlier and spending time with Jesus and my bible study
- Running more again—twice a week
- Bringing yoga practice back into my routine—at least once a week
- Setting intentional and actionable goals each quarter
- Finding a positive in every day
I love the start of a new year and all that comes with it, and I am so excited for the year of 2021. I’d love to know what you’re most excited about in the new year! Leave your goals in a comment below.
This post was adapted from a post from Copy Uncorked.